14 September 2012

Social intelligence as key factor to improve cohesion (nº 9)

Introduction

I read some days ago the post "Claves para el uso de la inteligencia social en el trabajo" (in Spanish) by Pablo Herreros. 

The post is an interesting analysis on social intelligence and its use in the Organizations.  

I want to focus in what he wrote in the first part of the post because they are the same issues I talked about in my previous posts; team work, cooperation, individualism, collectivism etc.

I am not going to transcrip the full post here, I just want to share with you some of the ideas introduced there and I believe are key to improve relationships at work.

Social intelligence

I see some interesting ideas in that post regarding the use of social intelligence in Organizations, and we can summarize in the paragraphs I retrieved therefrom:




"A useful starting point is to consider the Organization, of any kind, as a set of relationships between people. That means a group of humans who, regardless of the nature of their activities, interact with each other in search of common good, something that requires a balance between individual and collective interests. Therefore, the key for change is precisely in the social and emotional aspect".

"The cooperation and teamwork is one of the key competencies of the Organizations of XXI century".


I like some of the considerations Pablo makes in this part of the post; "the common good", "reconciling the invidual and collective interests", the importance of the emotional aspect, so neglected in the Organizations every day.

Conclusions

I think after nine posts I have the key factors about how to enhance cohesion in Organizations.
 

I already mentioned on several previous posts that for me this point is the basis on which Organizations should be built in XXI century, so today it is a great day! I can close the first issue and focus in new improvements to develop long term and healthy Organizations.

And what are those key factors in my opinion?


- Reconciliation of individual and collective interests.
- Look for the common good (systemic thinking)
- Cooperation
- Emotional Intelligence



Licencia Creative Commons     Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (for the information created by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

** If you want to keep a friend, never disrespect him ** (Chinese proverb)